1. General information
Responsible entity (data controller).
The legal entity responsible for collection and processing of your personal data is Digital Transformation Institute, having a principal place of business at Heidestein 2, 3452LL, Vleuten, the Netherlands (“we” and “us”).
About the Website.
The Website provides access to a database containing Internet-based live and recorded educational content (e.g., videos, webinars, articles, video articles, and whitepapers) of educational nature from leading business experts (the “Services”).
Term and termination.
2. Collection and processing of personal data
2.1 What personal data we collect
We adhere to data minimization principles and collect only a minimal amount of personal data that is necessary for ensuring your usage of all features of the Website and the provision of the Services. We collect your personal data in several instances that are described below.
Personal data that we obtain from you directly.
We collect personal data that you submit to us directly.
– When you register a user account on the Website, we collect your:
– First and last name;
– Email address;
– Phone number;
– Address (optional);
– Company name (optional);
– Your role in the company (optional); and
– Any other information you decide to provide us voluntarily.
– When you use the Services, register for events though the Website, or submit requests on the Website, we collect:
– Registration data (as defined above);
– Information about the Services used by you; and
– Information about the events that you register for.
– When you contact us through the chat functionality available on the Website, we will collect your:
– Name; and
– Information that you decide to provide us in your message.
– When you submit any user content through the Website, we collect the personal data that may be made available in that content.
– When you visit the Website, we collect your IP address.
Personal data obtained from third parties.
We may receive your personal data from third parties, such as our affiliates, service providers, social media websites, and other publicly available sources. Please note that your personal data will be obtained only in compliance with the applicable data protection laws, the terms and conditions of the respective third party, and your individual privacy settings. For example, when you access the Website or use the Services through your social media account (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube), we collect the personal data that you authorize your social media provider to make available to us (e.g., your public social media profile).
Please note that we DO NOT collect any sensitive data about you (e.g., your health information, opinion about your religious and political beliefs, racial origins, sexual orientation, and memberships in professional or trade associations), unless you, at your sole discretion, decide to make such sensitive data available to us (e.g., though the chat functionality available on the Website).
2.2 Purposes of collection and processing of personal data
We respect strictest data protection principles. Thus, we collect and process your personal data only for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes. The purposes for which your personal data is used and the legal basis on which we rely are specified in the table below.
3. Collection and processing of non-personal data
When you visit the Website and use the Services, we may collect certain technical non-personal data. Non-personal data does not allow us to identify you in any manner. In case your non-personal data is aggregated with certain elements of your personal data in the way that allows us to identify you, we will treat such aggregated data as personal data.
3.1 What non-personal data we collect
The non-personal data collected by us includes:
- Your traffic analytics data (e.g., the websites and promotional campaigns from which you access the Website, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of websites clicked to and from the Website);
- Your behavior data (e.g., information about which content of the Website and the Services you react to by using your social media functionalities, such as “liking”, sharing, and commenting); and
- The sector you work in.
3.2 Purposes of collection and processing of non-personal data
We collect your non-personal data for:
- Analyzing what kind of users visit the Website and use the Services;
- Identifying the channels though which the Website and the Services are accessed and used;
- Examining the relevance, popularity and engagement rate with regard to the content available on the Website and the Services; and
- Personalizing the content of the Website and the Services to your specific needs.
4. Marketing communication
We will send you direct marketing communications, including newsletters, brochures, promotions, and advertisements, send you messages through your social media account, or contact you by any other means with the aim to offer you our Services only if you provide us with your contact details and a prior explicit consent to receive such marketing communications. Please note that we will send you marketing-related messages through your social media account only if (i) we are authorized by the social media provider, (ii) your individual privacy settings allow us to do so, (iii) you have provided your consent to the social media provider or to us directly to receive such messages, and (iv) it is in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Opt-out from marketing communication.
If you have provided us with your consent to receive direct marketing communication and, at some point, you would like to stop receiving such communication, you can easily opt-out by:
- Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in any of online marketing communications submitted to you; or
- Contacting us directly by email at email@example.com.
Please note that the following communications sent by us do not fall within the scope of direct marketing communication that requires your explicit consent: (i) information about our new Services that are closely relate to the Services already used by you; and (ii) informational notices regarding the Services used by you, the Website, your privacy and security, and other important matters that are send on the “if-needed” basis.
7. Protection of personal data
We put reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your personal data. We implement organizational and technical information security tools to protect your personal data, such as secured networks, encryption, and limited access to your personal data.
However, due to the inherent risks of the Internet, we cannot be liable for any unlawful destruction, loss, use, copying, modification, leakage, and falsification of your personal data caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
In order to ensure the security of your personal data, we kindly ask you to keep your registration details in a secure and confidential manner and use the Website and the Services only though a secure network.
In case a personal data breach occurs, we will inform the relevant data protection authorities without undue delay and immediately take reasonable measures to mitigate the breach, as stipulated in the applicable law.
8. Retention period
However, please note that, in certain cases, we may be required by law to retain your personal data for a certain period of time (e.g., for maintaining our accountancy records). In such cases, we will store your personal data for the time period stipulated by the applicable law.
9. Disclosure and transfer of your personal data
9.1 Disclosure of personal data to third parties
In certain situations, on a case-by-case basis, we may disclose your personal data to third parties. Such a disclosure is limited to the situations when the personal data is required for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the operation of the Website;
- Ensuring the provision of the Services requested by you;
style=”list-style-type:circle”>Pursuing our legitimate interests;
- Carrying out our contractual obligations to our clients;
- Law enforcement purposes; or
- If you provide your prior explicit consent.
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties that provide professional, technical, and other types of support to us, including:
- Our independent contractors;
- Our clients that order the Services;
- Our web developing partners, such as Beyond Vision;
- Our hosting and data storage providers, such as Salesforce.com, Virmacch, Godaddy.com, Clickfunnels.com, Upviral.com, Profitserver, sendible, Google.com, Audiense, Manageflitter;
- Our user information logistics providers, such as Salesforce, Google, Exact, Zoom;
- Our marketing partners, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin;
- Our newsletter and mailing service providers, such as Salesforce.com;
- Our web video streaming service providers, such as Youtube, Google; and
- Other third parties who assist us in operating the Website, providing the Services, and conducting our business. Benefit: Our products are delivered immediately
9.2 Transfer of personal data outside EEA
Please note that some third parties listed above may be located outside the EEA and we may need to transfer your personal data to the jurisdictions located outside the EEA. In case it is necessary to make such a transfer, we will make sure that the jurisdiction in which the recipient third party is located ensures an adequate level of protection of your personal data or we conclude an agreement with the respective third party that ensures such protection.
9.3 Other third parties
10. Your rights regarding your personal data
We provide you with the possibility to exercise the following rights regarding your personal data:
- The right to access, rectification, portability, and erasure of personal data. You can ask us to access, modify, move, or delete your personal data. We may ask you to provide us with an identifying piece of data, so that we would be able to identify you in our system.
- The right to object and restrict processing. You can ask us to object or restrict the processing of your personal data (e.g., stop sending you marketing communication).
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have provided us with your explicit consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- The right to launch a complaint. If you would like to launch a complaint about the way in which your personal data is handled, please contact us first. After you contact us, we will send you a confirmation that we have received your complaint. Afterwards, we will investigate your complaint and provide you with our response within a reasonable timeframe but no later than 2 weeks. If you are a resident of the EU and you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer your request within a reasonable timeframe but no later than two weeks.
11. Third-party applications and links
12.1 What are cookies?
12.2 What cookies do we use?
When you visit the Website, we use session cookies, which allow you to use the full functionality of the Website. Session cookies are used in order to verify your details until you are navigating from page to page on the Website. The session cookies enable you to avoid re-entering your details each time you enter a new page on the Website.
When you register a user account on the Website, we use persistent cookies, such as retargeting cookies, login cookies, and functional cookies. We use persistent cookies in order to recognize you as a unique user when you return to the Website. As a result, you do not have to enter your login details multiple times as you move from other websites to the Website. Also, retargeting cookies may be used to serve you advertisements on the basis of your user traffic of the Website and other websites online.
12.4 Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to analyze your use of the Website and the Services. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information by means of cookies and we use its services to create reports about the use of the Website and the Services and to collect data via advertising cookies and identifiers. We use the following Google Analytics features: (1) Remarketing with Google Analytics; (2) Google Display Network Impression Reporting; (3) Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting; and (4) Integrated services that require Google Analytics.
If you would like to opt out from Google Analytics features, you can do so through Ad Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out). You can also install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
14. Contact information
You can contact us by using the following contact details:
- Company name: Digital Transformation Institute
- Address: Heidestein 2, 3452LL, Vleuten, the Netherlands
- Email address: email@example.com